Covid-19 PandemicMay 15th, 2020
An unprecedented year that has caused the loss of many loved ones across the globe due to a virus that has spread at an alarming rate. The lockdown has mostly been observed and has helped to reduce the number of fatalities. With countries now looking to ease restrictions, we still have to remain alert and understand that the remainder of the year is still likely to be as challenging.
When we re-open we will be offering the same strict standards of hygiene and making other changes. What will this mean for you if you want to book a training course or come for treatment?
We will send out a Covid-19 questionnaire to read prior to attending for your appointment.
- We will have hand gel for you to use upon entering the premises and in every room.
- A member of staff will open and close all clinic doors for you.
- You may be asked to wear a mask during your treatment and all staff will wear, aprons, gloves, masks and shields.
- All items that will be used during your treatment are single use and as always, will be disposed of in clinical waste immediately.
- All furniture, hard treatment surfaces and door handles will be wiped down between appointments as well as multiple rooms being used throughout the day.
- Covid-19 procedure policies will be followed at all times.
Appointments will be staggered and to minimise the number of people on site, we ask that you do not bring anyone else with you whilst you attend your appointment as they will not be allowed access. A number of waiting areas will be used to ensure social distancing measures are adhered to.
For the remainder of 2020 we are changing how our courses run. All courses will run on a 1 – 1 basis rather than in a group. This is to ensure that the number of key workers in a room at any one time is limited to help with social distancing wherever possible. The benefit of this is that you will be solely treating all models attending on the day rather than sharing the treatment with other delegates. The ban on group courses may continue into 2021 if it is deemed to be appropriate.
There will be an introduction of online sessions where you can observe treatments being carried out by a clinician alongside a thorough explanation of the procedure. This will help to put the theory that you have been undertaking at home into practice when you attend for your practical session. We will ensure that the number of procedures that you carry out during your 1 – 1 session will at least match the number of treatments that you would be carrying out in a group environment.
We are trialling mentorship sessions through online platforms and are looking for volunteers prior to it being universally rolled out. If you are interested in this please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org